Telford Makerspace CIO is a Registered Charity, number 1191698.
We are a diverse, friendly and inclusive group of community-focused tinkerers, makers and hackers. We aim to help people learn new skills, design, build and mend gadgets and most of all have FUN, using arts and crafts, electronics, programming, 3D printing, laser cutting and even more traditional manual tools and powered machinery.
We have a strong non-discrimination policy and actively promote diversity and equality for all. We are LGBTQ+ allies and Neurodivergent friendly, and we expect members to behave with respect towards everyone, regardless of their minority group.
What we do
We like to help people to make things - to take their ideas and make them real - and to help them try out new techniques, and learn new skills. In order to make that possible, we provide equipment, space, and nurture a community to help glue it all together.
We also love helping out other local good causes - here are a few things we have done:
- Made crates for toy swap project
- Made "A" board for a local green group
- 3D printed PPE for health-care workers during the early part of the COVID-19 pandemic
- Donated a 3D printer to a local school and providing ongoing support
- Raised funds for Christmas presents for patients at the children's ward at the Princess Royal hospital
- Ran an "Iron Santas Grotto" to distribute those presents